Posted in General on October 19th, 2012 by Casey Crow
Welcome to the Wicked Hop and thank you to Reading Romances for hosting!
Don’t you just love the word “wicked”? As in wicked yummy and wicked hot? Here are two EASY fall recipes I thought you’d might enjoy.
Roast Pumpkin Lasagna recipe
- 2 Cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Egg, scrambled
- 1 sugar Pumpkin or Butternut Squash
- ½ medium-sized onion, white or yellow, chopped
- ½ cup vegetable or chicken stock/ water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Sage, dried 1/8 teaspoon or fresh chopped ¼ teaspoon
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella
- Olive Oil
- 1 Box of Lasagna noodles
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Bring water to a boil and then add the lasagna noodles.
3) Meanwhile, while the noodles are cooking, peel, deseed, and chop up the sugar pumpkin or squash, half an onion, and coat all with oil, salt, and brown sugar, and ¼ teaspoon sage and spread evenly on a baking sheet. Roast at 375 degrees F for 10- 14 minutes. When the pumpkin is fully cooked, add the garlic and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Take out and allow to cool a little.
4) Scoop the pumpkin into a blender filling half-way each time and pureeing until smooth. Empty the contents into a bowl.
5) Separately, combine and stir the two cups ricotta, the mixed egg, ¼ cup parmesan, 1 cup of the mozzarella, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg in a bowl with a couple pinches of salt and a sprinkle of pepper.
6) Drain the noodles when done cooking according to the directions on the package.
7) Begin layering the lasagna by putting some oil on the bottom of the baking dish. Then add a layer of pumpkin, then add a layer of noodles, then add a layer of the ricotta and mozzarella mixture, another layer of noodles, pumpkin mixture, and so on, alternating ricotta mixture and pumpkin layers. The top should be noodles, cover with the remaining shredded mozzarella and the rest of the parmesan and drizzle with oil. Cover with baking dish with foil.
8) Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional five minutes.
Pumpkin Fudge recipe
2 cups sugar
½ cup pureed cooked pumpkin
½ cup evaporated milk
¼ teaspoon cornstarch
¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
¼ cup butter
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts
- Combine sugar, pumpkin, milk, cornstarch and spice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high, then reduce to a gentle simmer. Cook until it forms a soft ball when dropped in cold water, or until reaches 236°F. Remove from heat
- Add the nuts, butter, and vanilla; beat until mixture is creamy.
- Pour into a buttered plate and allow to cool. Cut into small chunks and serve.
Now it’s time for the wicked hot part (he he). Think sex, hot sex…for 12 days straight…
A divorcee ready to reenter the dating world, Anna Ryan is determined to be the best “product on the market,” which requires a lot more experience so she propositions sexy police officer Chase Harris to teach her how to make hot, passionate love as opposed to just having sex. He takes it a step further, instructing each lesson based on The Twelve Days of Christmas.
Here’s an excerpt:
WARNING: CONTAINS GRAPHIC & EXPLICIT MATERIAL
My zipper slid down with a hiss, exposing my bare flesh to the cool air of the room. “Do you know what today is?” I was breathless as the material spilled over my hips.
Chase pushed my hair aside, his tongue sweeping every vertebra until he knelt on his knees kissing the small indention of my lower back. “Sunday.”
“December fourteenth.” I needed to be the one on my knees. My legs had turned all Jell-Oy. Yeah, I wasn’t an expert in the chemistry department, but even I could sense the spark between us, the hot, electric pull. As his teeth pulled at the peach bow of my G-string, I could already imagine his cock sliding into me. He yanked the dress down and turned me around. My crotch was now at his eye level. I rubbed his shaved head, debating whether I should pull his face to my panties or hike a leg over his shoulder. Or both. I settled for the latter before my weak knees collapsed.
“It’s twelve days till Christmas,” I said. The figure eights he licked along my inner thigh made it rather difficult to carry on a coherent conversation.
“Consider tonight an early present.” He swooped in for a taste, or so I thought, as hot air breezed my pussy. Before I knew it, Chase slipped my leg off his shoulder and stood to scoop me into his arms. He lowered me onto the cold leather of the sofa, but the chill disintegrated the moment his warm body stretched over me. His large, dark pupils filled with lust — and dare I say, need? — as his dick throbbed between my legs. I squeezed my thighs, putting pressure on his cock. He let out a low groan while my body strained for more than a tease. I lifted my hips to rub up and down on his shaft.
We ground our bodies together, my gaze trapped by his own for a deliciously suspended moment. It never occurred to me this kind of intimacy was odd. I mean, most folks would be kissing and getting it on by now, but after all the exciting tension that had built all night, we suddenly slowed down…to savor. Damn, it was sexy.
Zero doubt played in my mind. I wanted this guy to help execute my plan. “I’m thinking I deserve one every day for the next twelve days,” I said as he moved in for a kiss.
The grinding of his hips against mine stopped. Chase pushed up on his elbows and stared at me, lifting a curious brow.
“Hear me out.” My fingers examined his rib cage, stopping to pay homage to his thick, oblique muscles. “I need someone like you to…” My throat closed. When had my palms become this sweaty? I took my hands off his body so he wouldn’t notice, and prayed the cool air would dry them.
“Experienced…not looking for attachments.” I threw in the last bit to remind us both Chase fulfilled the role of Frog number one.
He grinned. “What do you need?”
“I want you to spend the next twelve days teaching…showing me how to make love.”
He winced, and sucked a hiss through his teeth. “You write sex for a living.”
“Writing about it and really living it are two different things.” I squirmed out of his hold. He pulled away as I sat Indian style across from him. “Look, here’s the deal. It’s been eight long years since I’ve been single, and now that I’m back on the market, I intend to be the best product out there.”
His lips twitched as his gaze roamed my body. “You’re pretty damn good as you are.”
I blushed and grabbed a red throw pillow to cover my nakedness. “Thanks, but I need, shall we say, tutoring in the fine art of love making.”
“Let me get this straight.” He barely contained the laughter in his voice. “You’re asking me to instruct you on how to have sex?”
“No dummy. I know how to have sex. Anybody can pump and hump.” The image of my ex flashed in my mind. “I want passion, chemistry and hot, sweaty multiple orgasms.” I tossed the pillow on the floor and rose, knee walking across the sofa toward him. My fingers teased the hem of his T-shirt. They finagled their way underneath the soft material and behind the waistband of his jeans. I pulled him close. “I want to make love.”
“For twelve days? Then I’m off the hook?” He looked so relieved I almost giggled.
I pushed my pelvis against his cock and smiled when it twitched back to life. “Yes.” I grabbed his ass and gave it a tight squeeze. Then, I ran my mouth up the side of his neck to his ear, nibbling the lobe. “You interested?”
I’m giving away an ebook copy (INT) of the multi-award-winning Can’t Fake This to a lucky commenter. I’d love to hear what you think is wicked hot or wicked yummy. Don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter to find out about new releases.
Can’t Fake This:
2011 Best Contemporary ~ Love Romances Cafe
2012 Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence Winner
2011 Golden Claddagh Finalist
CAN’T FAKE THIS Excerpt
See the CAN’T FAKE THIS book trailer
DANCE WITH A MILLIONAIRE EXCERPTS
Visit Casey at http://www.caseycrow.com